How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card: 31st March 2018 is the last date to link your mobile number with Aadhaar card. This deadline is applicable to linking of various schemes such as welfare measures and bank accounts with Aadhaar.
Aadhaar card has become one of the crucial documents it establishes your entity as well as avail the government’s social security schemes. Aadhaar number is mandatory for all financial services like filling ITR, keeping you saving bank account active, investing in financial products such as insurance and mutual funds.
In the year 2017, the government of India announced that customers had to link their mobile number with Aadhaar. For example, you can e-verify your ITR using Aadhaar as a one-time password (OTP) is sent to your mobile linked with your Aadhaar.
As per the data of the UIDAIportal, there are more than 100 Aadhaar centers in Delhi. If you haven’t registered it yet you can do it now. The centers have provided IVR services to provide assistance to link your mobile number with Aadhaar.
The revivification of mobile number can also be done by simply calling a toll-free number (14546). As you call this number you will an OTP is generated which you can use to verify your registered number.
If you are on corporate plans, you don’t need to go through the re-verification process. Airtel and Vodafone numbers have a luxury as they can link their mobile number with Aadhaar in which state they are. For the idea user, Aadhaar number should belong to the same circle as your mobile number.
Table of Contents
- How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
- Linking your mobile number to Aadhaar for the first time
- Link your mobile number with Aadhaar card online
- Link your Mobile number with Aadhaar with mobile number visiting the Store/ Retailer
- Steps to Link the Aadhaar number with your Mobile number through IVR.
- What is the need updating mobile number in Aadhaar card
- Top benefits of linking Mobile number in Aadhaar card?
- Share this:
How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
1. You are linking mobile with you Aadhaar for the first time.
2. You have changed your mobile number and need to update your Aadhaar data.
Linking your mobile number to Aadhaar for the first time
This needs to be offline only. Mainly online transactions are OTP authenticated so the password is sent to the registered number. In the absence of the registered mobile number, this authentication is not possible.
Follow the below mentioned steps to Link your mobile with Aadhaar
1. Get the Aadhaar update/correction form from a nearest Aadhaar center download it from the UIDAI website.
2. Write the correct details in the form, submit it to the center and mention on the form that only mobile number is to be updated.
3. While submitting this form you need to submit a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and also provide a photocopy of an ID proof document such as PAN, Voter ID or Passport.
4. After the submission, your biometric will be verified at the enrollment center. Applying you are biometric was recorded and to authenticate the changes they are verified.
5. After verification of biometric, you will get an acknowledgment slip. This process takes 2-5 working days for the updating but as per the UIDAI helpline, this time is 10 days.
Link your mobile number with Aadhaar card online
You can update mobile online if your existing number is linked to your Aadhaar. It is because the OTP to authenticate the updating would be sent to your existing number. You can link your new number with Aadhaar only after submitting the OTP sent to your existing registered mobile number.
1. Visit the official website of UIDAI you will see an option under the Aadhaar update tab that will redirect you to Aadhaar Self-service portal.
2. Type your Aadhaar number and the Captcha text and request for OTP.
3. You will receive OTP on your existing mobile number and submit it. A new page will appear where you need to update your new mobile number.
4. Recheck the number entered by you and submit.
Link your Mobile number with Aadhaar with mobile number visiting the Store/ Retailer
To link the Aadhaar card with your mobile you need to visit the service providers’ outlet. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Visit the outlet of your service provider.
2. Carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar.
3. Provide your cell number.
4. The store executive will send an OTP to the mobile number that needs to link.
5. Provide that OTP to the executive for verification.
6. Provide your fingerprint to the executive.
7. You will get a confirmation SMS from your telecom operator.
8. Reply Y to complete the KYC process.
Steps to Link the Aadhaar number with your Mobile number through IVR.
The telecom operators provide the facility to link Aadhaar card with your mobile number through IVR. You need to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Call the operator via a toll-free number.
2. Follow the instructions given by IVR.
3. Select the option “Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number”
4. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
5. Confirm it and submit the request.
6. Your mobile number will be re-verified with Aadhaar.
7. A confirmation message will be received after the successful verification.
What is the need updating mobile number in Aadhaar card
Aadhaar card is already a mandatory document for filling the ITR and obtaining PAN. After this, the government has made another move in the telecom industry. You cannot get a new connection without having an Aadhaar card it is compulsory for the department of telecommunication.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Check
1. End the fake number crime
A lot of crimes reported with fake mobile numbers so obtaining a new number will be through the Aadhaar ensure the Id of the applicant.
2. Avoid disconnection of Mobile number
This is applicable for a prepaid customer and postpaid customers. All the information will be tracked through Aadhaar based on KYC. The existing customers are getting their mobile connection re-verified and linked to Aadhaar.
3. Biometric record
The biometric is also recorded and can be used easily in case a person is found guilty. The procedure is easy for obtaining an Aadhaar is very easy.
4. Limits the number of subscribers
If anybody requires an additional number he/she must go through the same KYC process. It simply means you need to submit all the documents to get a new number. Due to this lengthy process, people avoid getting the number. As a result of it a limited number of mobile subscribers are there.
5. Genuine subscribers
Any unverified and not updated mobile number in Aadhaar will be deemed illegal. It ensures that the numbers are genuinely held by subscribers. How To Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card.