How To Link Aadhaar With Mobile Number: To link Adhaar with mobile number online is a modest step to complete your details in the world’s largest biometric ID system. As you may be aware, it has become a mandatory directive of the Government to include your Registered Mobile Number in Adhaar.
In order to get a new mobile connection now, it is compulsory to go through Adhaar based e-KYC (Know Your Customer). As a part of this directive, not only new connections but the existing customers also need to re-verify and link their mobile connections to respective Adhaar card.
This step is important in order to avoid disconnection of mobile services.
This is a prepared and adequate move to reduce fraud and avoid illegal activities related to mobile SIM cards. The step can restrict the process of submitting fake documents by SIM card owners who may not be the original users and tend to obtain many connections. In this way, there will be a limited number of mobile subscribers.
Besides, there are other benefits to link Adhaar with mobile number. Through the authenticated OTP sent to your linked mobile number, you can e-verify the Income Tax Return using your Adhaar number and also update your personal details online.
Table of Contents
How To Link Aadhaar With Mobile Number Online [Step By Step Guide]
If you are linking Adhaar with you mobile for the first time, you need to follow this offline process:
- Download the Adhaar Update/Correction form from UIDAI website.
- Fill the form mentioning the addition of mobile number.
- Submit the form at the centre along with id proof.
- After verification, you will receive an acknowledgement slip and linking should be done in about 10 days.
When you want to update your new number in the Adhaar card, please follow these online steps:
- Open the UIDAI website.
- Click on the Adhaar Update Tab. You will be directed to Adhaar Self-Service Portal.
- Enter your Adhaar Number.
- Enter the Captcha text and request for an OTP.
- The OTP will be sent to your old mobile number. (You need to make sure it is working).
- Submit the OTP. You will be directed to a page where details can be updated.
- Select the mobile number field to update.
- Enter your new mobile number
After you have completed the process to Link Adhaar with your mobile number online, you can also verify it:
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click Adhaar Services
- Select ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’
- Enter Adhaar Number, Mobile Number, and Security Code. Submit to get an OTP
- Enter the OTP and click on verify OTP option
If the entered mobile number matches with their records, verification process will be complete.
Telecom companies are constantly sending notifications and reminders to link Adhaar with Mobile Number to their customers by February 2018 as the deadline. In order to purchase a new SIM card, Adhaar is a must now.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Check
Mobile service providers across the country need to complete their e-KYV re-verification processes for all prepaid and post-paid customers. The process is simple and can be comfortably completed. So, link your Adhaar with mobile number if you have not done so far. How To Link Aadhaar With Mobile Number