How To Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number OTP: To change Mobile Number in Adhaar Card Online is a convenient way to update information on one’s Enrollment details. In compliance with the necessary mandate from the Government of India, every citizen’s mobile number is required to be linked to the Adhaar Card.
While new and changed mobile numbers need to be updated in the Adhaar, existing mobile numbers have to be re-verified. The Department of Telecom (DOT) released a circular for the telephone companies ordering the same.
Updating the latest and relevant details in one’s Adhaar is important in order to avail tax and other benefits from the Government.
If you wish to update your mobile number in the adhaar database online, you cannot do it without an OTP. There is no option available for it.
Even while doing it with OTP for a new mobile number, please note that your old number needs to be active.
How To Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number OTP
To change mobile number in adhaar card online cannot be done without OTP. If you wish to replace the old registered number with a new one, the process is easily completed online. Please make sure your currently registered mobile is in working condition and follow these steps:
- Open the Adhaar Self Service Update Portal with this link: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your adhaar number and click Send OTP button.
- Enter the received OTP and update the new mobile number.
- Click on Submit.
In this way, you can easily update the new mobile number or any other personal detail with this simple procedure.
Including a fresh mobile number in Adhaar (Offline without OTP)
To update a new mobile number in the adhaar when you have not provided any other number has to be done offline. You can follow the steps as under:
- Download the ‘Update Request Form’ or correction form from https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf.
- Fill in the form and send it to the mentioned addresses. Please attach a self-attested copy of your identity proof.
The form can also be submitted at the nearest adhaar card centers. The application submitted or sent will be verified by the officials and you will be sent a confirmation SMS regarding the updating of mobile number.
Visiting the Service Provider to change mobile number in Adhaar
To change mobile number in Adhaar card, you can also visit the service provider’s outlet. In that case, carry your mobile, a self-attested copy of your adhaar and follow these steps:
- Provide your new mobile number to the executive.
- You will receive an OTP on the number which needs to be linked.
- Give the OTP for verification.
- You will need to provide your fingerprint to the executive.
- An SMS with confirmation will be sent to you from your telecom service provider. Press ‘Y’ to complete the process.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Check
Please note that there is no arrangement to change mobile number in Adhaar online without OTP if you have not registered any number before. It needs to be done through IVR or OTP.
In case of senior citizens, the telecom companies provide the facility of sending their representatives at home to do the needful. How To Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number OTP.