How To Find Aadhaar Card Number: Adhaar card holders or applicants who have lost their UID are required to find the Aadhaar card number (also called the Unique Identification number). This number is imperative for every Indian resident.
Aadhaar is a mandatory document whose purpose is to provide universal identity to the residents of India. The 12-digit unique identification number issued to all residents based on their biometrics and demographics is a standard accepted for various government initiatives.
Aadhaar number is required in many official and private domains like LPG Subsidy, Jan Dhan Yojana, Digital locker, Passport, Provident Fund, Monthly Pension, or opening a bank account.
A unique identification number is given to all the applicants and holders at the time of applying for Aadhaar card at the service center. In case, it has been lost or misplaced, the government of India provides support and means to retrieve it.
How to find Aadhaar Card Number Online
This is done through a tool on the UIDAI website. Let us see how. Keep your registered mobile number in working condition and follow these steps online:
- Open the UIDAI website and on the self-service portal, click ‘Retrieve lost UID/EID’ link. Or you can simply visit this: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/find-uid-eid
- On the left side of the opened page, click the radio button Aadhaar Number (UID)
- Fill in the details on the right side with your name, email, mobile, and security code.
- Click on the Send OTP button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided and click on ‘Verify OTP’
When you have entered the right OTP and the entry is successful, you will receive a confirmation that the Aadhaar number has been sent to your mobile. Check your mobile and access your Aadhaar Number. You can use the Aadhaar Number now to check the status of Aadhaar card or for downloading it.
How to find Aadhaar Card number offline
Other than the online procedure, a resident can also locate his Aadhaar card number offline with the help of Aadhaar Service helpline number. Here is how you can do it:
- Call the toll-free number 1947. It is a free Aadhaar helpline service available for residents.
- Notify the executive that you have lost the Aadhaar Number (UID).
- Provide the details as requested by the executive.
- After verifying the details, you will be sent the Aadhaar number to your registered mobile number. Please make sure that the mobile number is active and working.
In case your mobile number is not registered with the Aadhaar database or is changed, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Service center to do the needful. Carry along your ID proof to provide the necessary details.
Aadhaar is the world’s largest biometric ID system and the most sophisticated ID program. Represented by almost 99% of Indians, it is a mandatory proof of residence. To keep this necessary document safe, it is always advised to take a copy of the UID to find the Aadhaar Card number when required. How To Find Aadhaar Card Number.