How to Change Photo in Aadhaar Card: It can be necessary to change the photo in Aadhaar Card if the image is blurry, vague or not clear. A good photograph is a highlighting factor in one’s unique identification card.
This is not only an obligatory personal detail but is required for professional reasons as well. Private companies and other organizations require an updated Aadhaar Card for new job applicants. Therefore your photo representation on the card holds a vital importance.
Besides, the photo of a child who is below 5 years is not put on the Aadhaar Card. So when the child turns 5, it is required to update his/her photo as also when he turns 15 and 18 years of age.
The good news is these issues are well-known by the Government and the Government of India permits the change of photo in the Aadhaar card of residents.
How to Change Photo in Aadhaar Card
In order to change one’s photo in Aadhaar Card, one needs to make use of the offline medium. Please note that there is no provision available online to change your photo as that could be easily misused by some people.
The photo on Aadhaar Card can be changed offline in two different ways.
The first way to change your photo is to find out the regional Aadhaar Main office address. This can be done by searching on Google with your city name in the search bar. For more information on the office, you can also call the customer care toll-free no. 1800-300-1947.
- After finding the address, write an application to the UIDAI main office mentioning that need to change your photo in the Aadhaar.
- Along with the application, attach a supporting document like PAN Card which has your latest photograph that you wish to use.
- Send the application and document to the address of the regional office to get your card re-issued.
Other than this, you can also download Aadhaar Update Form from https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf. Fill the form and send it to UIDAI office.
The second way to change the photo in Aadhaar Card is to visit the nearest Aadhaar Center and get the photo updated on the card. Let us see how:
- Find out the nearest Aadhaar Center of your area. (You can Google with the Pin Code of your location).
- Visit the center along with the required supporting documents.
- You need to fill a form for upgrading by paying Rs.15/- as a fee.
- The authorized personnel will take your biometrics again. They will be taking your retina design, fingerprints, photograph etc.
- After verifying the biometrics data, an allotment receipt will be given to you. Please keep the receipt until you get the updated Aadhaar card physically or digitally.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Check
These particulars will be sent to the Head Office and thereafter your Aadhaar Card will be updated within 15-30 days. However, you can download it digitally after 5-10 days from UIDAI website.
Given the possibility of online offenses and illegal practices that may be followed in Aadhaar Centers, the Government needs to go in a secure manner. Thus, the process to change the photo in Aadhaar is done offline only.