How To Change Address in Adhaar Card: Updating demographic information like change of address in Adhaar Card may be required if there were errors in the enrollment process, a resident relocates and changes his/her address, or as per the instructions of UIDAI to improve the quality of documents.
As Adhaar is a sole identification proof of a resident that serve as a basis for KYC norms, it is important to record the accurate details in the card.
Therefore, if due to reasons mentioned above or any other cause, there is a need to change address in the Adhaar card, check to take care of certain points in order to avoid rejection.
How To Change Address in Adhaar Card
- The supported document should be self attested and a part of the approved list of documents.
- Fill all the mandatory fields with accurate information.
- Do not use titles while writing your name.
- Numbers to be mentioned in English.
With these points in mind, you can change address in Adhaar card in the more than one ways – Visit the enrollment centre or update the address online.
Change Address in Adhaar by visiting the Enrollment Center
With a nominal charge or Rs. 25/-, you can get your demographic details updated by visiting the enrollment center. For this, carry the original copy of the supporting documents. These originals will be scanned and given back to you.
The residents need to fill the application form which is collected by the selected registrars. The supported documents are uploaded and information is revised. A URN is generated and the resident receives an acknowledgement.
With a turnaround time of 90 days, adhaar letter with updates is delivered at the changed address.
Change Address in Adhaar online
You can use the online Adhaar Self Service Update Portal of UIDAI to make demographic changes if you have the mobile number linked with the card.
- Login with Adhaar. Enter the Adhaar number and an OTP will be sent on your registered mobile.
- After submitting the OTP, you will be led to the second step. This is the Data Update Request. Among the demographic fields, select the address field and submit.
- For address change, upload the scanned self-attested copy of original proof of address (POA). Documents required for proof of address may be Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Govt. photo ID card, Electricity bill, water bill etc. Refer to the complete list of options here : https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/document-list
- A URN (Update Request Number) will be given to you for tracking the status of your update.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Check
After the information is verified and validated by a UIDAI representative, adhaar letter updates will be sent to your address. You may download the card by visiting the website uidai.gov.in and clicking ‘Download Adhaar’.
In the case of change of address in the adhaar of a child, request can be made at the enrollment center. Carry along address proof, biometric authentication and proof of your relationship with the child.
So, if for any reason you leave your place and shift to a new town/city, change address in your adhaar card by following these simple steps.